If you haven’t heard of Versalles you’re not alone, but it has quickly become the “It” neighborhood of Vallarta. Experience what makes Versalles the new place many want to live, and everyone goes to eat. Rumored to be named thematically after the main street running through it, Francia, Versalles is a perfect meeting of old, new, and eclectic.
On this tour, you’ll get a chance to explore decades old establishments and the trendy eateries that appeal to a new generation of locals and tourists alike. After touring with Vallarta Eats, we guarantee you’ll be hooked, and it won’t be your last night spent in Versalles.
What can you expect:
- Try old-style authentic dishes pozole and al pastor
- Take pleasure in the creative dishes offered by the new generations fusing old and new flavor profiles
- Enjoy seafood, delectable tacos, quesadillas, and sopes
- No tour is complete without a stop dedicated to those with a sweet tooth. Wait until you try the frozen pies!
- The Versalles After Dark Tour is offered Wednesdays and Thursdays. Tours are limited to 8-10 guests. Groups of 7 or more are offered as private tours at no additional charge— Contact us in advance. Large group reservations have become our specialty. Call or email us today and we’ll have you covered in no time.
Oh, also, past guests tell us the best time to take our tours is the beginning of your stay in Puerto Vallarta — you’ll be able to return to your newly-found favorites throughout the rest of your visit!
Mmm… I can almost taste al pastor right now. Can’t you? Placate your inner-foodie by reserving your spot today! But don’t wait — this tour sells out fast!
Please note this tour is not suitable for vegans. Please contact us to find a tour to match your dietary needs.
Wednesdays and Thursdays at 6:00pm
Fees, Registration, and Payment Details
- The Versalles After Dark Tour is $65 USD
- Private Tours available
- Need to reserve for more than six people? Call or email us today!
- Use the “Book Now” button above to secure your space on the Versalles After Dark Tour! We strongly suggest that you make your reservation early — space is limited and times can get snapped up without warning! Book Now to secure your spot!
Included: All food and non-alcoholic beverages. You are welcome to purchase beer or cocktails along the way.
Excluded: Alcohol, food to take to your hotel or vacation rental.
Where to meet and when
Wednesdays and Thursdays at 6pm
The Versalles After Dark Tour begins in front of Lamara, Calle Hamburgo 108, Versalles, 48310 Puerto Vallarta, Jal.
Your Vallarta Eats Foodie Guide can be identified by the Vallarta Eats shirt she/he will be wearing. If you are driving please allow time to find parking. This location is tucked away and accessible by many bus routes. Taxis should know Lamara, but we recommend having your google directions with you in the case the taxi does not have GPS. Make sure to check our FAQ for driving times from nearby hotels and resorts. Information on driving times given to you by your hotel concierge may be based on old traffic patterns, and we are unable to wait for late guests.
The following is an interactive map that shows the meeting point to this tour:
Versalles After Dark
Your Vallarta Eats Foodie Guide will assist you by providing instructions for returning to your hotel or vacation rental via foot, bus or taxi.
What to Bring
- Cash for any desired purchases
- Your camera!
- We always take complimentary pictures, but we are not professionals. We do promise to delete any picture that shows guests with food in their mouth or cilantro tooth!
- Please wear comfortable shoes as the streets are all cobblestone and can be tricky (sneakers are best). Remember, this is a walking tour!
- If you enjoyed your time on the tour, please be sure to take care of your Foodie Guide. In the tourism industry, standard gratuity is 15% to 20% of the retail price of the tour ($9.75 – $13 USD or $185 – $245 MXN per guest). Gracias!
Tours cancelled more than 48 hours in advance will receive a 50% refund (less credit card processing and ticketing fees). We understand that life happens. Hopefully our cancellation policy reflects that. Most importantly we want to help you experience the amazing food and drink in Puerto Vallarta.
If you have to cancel a day tour for any reason give us a call or send along an email and we will help you reschedule or if that is not possible get a refund out to you quickly. However, no refund will be given for same day cancellations. We tour rain or shine so please check the weather and come dressed correctly. Groups of 6 or more must cancel 5 days before the tour because of the extra logistics to create a larger group tour.