If you haven’t heard of Versalles you’re not alone, but it has quickly become the “It” neighborhood of Vallarta. Experience what makes Versalles the new place many want to live, and everyone goes to eat. Rumored to be named thematically after the main street running through it, Francia, Versalles is a perfect meeting of old, new, and eclectic.
On this tour, you’ll get a chance to explore decades old establishments and the trendy eateries that appeal to a new generation of locals and tourists alike. After touring with Vallarta Eats, we guarantee you’ll be hooked, and it won’t be your last night spent in Versalles.
What can you expect:
- Try old-style authentic dishes pozole and al pastor
- Take pleasure in the creative dishes offered by the new generations fusing old and new flavor profiles
- Enjoy seafood tostada, tacos, quesadillas, and sopes
- No tour is complete without a stop dedicated for those with a sweet tooth. Wait until you try the chocolate flan
- The Versalles After Dark Tour is offered Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Tours are limited to 10 guests.
Past guests tell us the best time to take our tours is the beginning of your stay in Puerto Vallarta — you’ll be able to return to your newly-found favorites throughout the rest of your visit!
Please check the FAQs for additional info regarding food allergies or other dietary modifications before booking this tour. For Vegetarians, we recommend booking “Tacos after Dark” as it has the most flexibility for substitutions. None of Vallarta Eats food tours are suitable for Vegan or Plant-Based lifestyles.
Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays at 6:00pm
Fees, Registration, and Payment Details
- The Versalles After Dark Tour is $65 USD
- Private tours available
- Need to reserve for more than six people? Call or email us today
- Use the “Book Now” button to secure your space on the Versalles After Dark Tour! We strongly suggest that you make your reservation early — space is limited and times can get snapped up without warning! Book Now to secure your spot
Included: All predetermined food, bottled water, and traditional agua fresca.
Excluded: Alcohol, food to take to your hotel or vacation rental.
Where to meet and when
Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday at 6pm
The Versalles After Dark Tour begins in front of Alú Alú Repostería — Hamburgo 148, Versalles, 48310 Puerto Vallarta, Jal.
Your Vallarta Eats Foodie Guide can be identified by the Vallarta Eats shirt she/he will be wearing. If you are driving please allow time to find parking. This location is tucked away and accessible by many bus routes. Taxis should know Lamara, but we recommend having your google directions with you in the case the taxi does not have GPS. Make sure to check our FAQ for driving times from nearby hotels and resorts. Information on driving times given to you by your hotel concierge may be based on old traffic patterns, and we are unable to wait for late guests.
The following is an interactive map that shows the meeting point to this tour:
[map_bank maps_id=”16″ map_title=”show” map_description=”show” map_height=”350″ map_width=”100″ map_themes=”default1″]
Your Vallarta Eats Foodie Guide will assist you by providing instructions for returning to your hotel or vacation rental via foot, bus or taxi.
What to Bring
- Cash for any desired additional purchases
- Please wear comfortable shoes as the streets are all cobblestone and can be tricky (sneakers are best). Remember, this is a walking tour!
- If you enjoyed your time on the tour, please be sure to take care of your Foodie Guide. In the tourism industry, standard gratuity is 15% to 20% of the retail price of the tour ($9.75 – $13 USD or $185 – $245 MXN per guest). Gracias!
Tours or individual tickets cancelled more than 48 hours in advance of scheduled tour time will receive a full refund. Tours canceled less than 48 hours can be rescheduled with a $20 rebooking fee, but are not eligible for refund. Tours that are rebooked cannot be refunded even prior to the 48 hour cancelation window. Guests who are “No-Shows” — guests who do not show up for their scheduled tour time or are not present when the tour leaves the starting point (10 minutes after the tour’s scheduled start time) are not eligible for refund or rescheduling.
Gift Cards and Gift Certificates are non-refundable.
Travel insurance “Peek Protect” is available for purchases made through the website.
Custom tours are subject to cancellation policies as agreed upon between client and Vallarta Eats.