Tacos after Dark
Our Tacos after Dark tour is essential for anyone looking for full taco immersion. Stroll the streets of Vallarta and taste a selection of tacos carefully curated to leave you with a well rounded exposure to the beloved taco.
When the sun sets, the beaches empty, and night falls over Puerto Vallarta, the city comes alive with the sights, sounds, and smells of Vallarta’s vibrant food scene. Join our foodie guides as you stroll the historic streets of Vallarta’s oldest neighborhoods and sample a variety of tacos and sweet treats from the family-run carts and restaurants that helped build our city’s long standing reputation for great food.
The Tacos After Dark Tour is offered daily at 6:30 and 7pm and is limited to 8-10 guests to keep our curated tours intimate and the information accessible.
Keep in mind, past guests tell us the best time to take our tours is the beginning of your stay in Puerto Vallarta — you’ll be able to return to your newly found favorites throughout the rest of your visit!
Daily at 6:30 and 7 pm
Please check the FAQs for additional info regarding food allergies or other dietary modifications before booking this tour. For Vegetarians, we recommend booking “Tacos after Dark” as it has the most flexibility for substitutions. None of Vallarta Eats food tours are suitable for Vegan or Plant-Based lifestyles.
Fees, Registration, and Payment Details
- The Tacos After Dark Tour is $55 USD for adults and $45 USD in under 12yrs
- Need to reserve for more than six or eight people? Call or email us today!
- Use the “Book Now” button above to secure your space on the Tacos After Dark Tour! We strongly suggest that you make your reservation early — space is limited and times can get snapped up without warning! Book Now to secure your spot!
- Included: All food and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Excluded: Alcohol, food to take to your hotel or vacation rental.
Where to meet and when
Daily at 6:30 & 7pm
The Tacos After Dark Puerto Vallarta tour begins next to the River Cafe Restaurant (Isla Rio Cuale 4, Zona Romántica, Centro, 48300 Puerto Vallarta, Jal). Your Vallarta Eats Foodie Guide can be identified by the Vallarta Eats shirt she/he will be wearing. If you are driving please allow time to find parking. This location is easy to find and many bus routes will take you there. Also, any taxi will know this location. Make sure to check our FAQ for driving times from nearby hotels and resorts. Information on driving times given to you by your hotel concierge may be based on old traffic patterns, and we are unable to wait for late guests.
The following is an interactive map that shows the meeting point to this tour.
Signature Tacos and Tacos After Dark Tours Meeting Point
Your Vallarta Eats Foodie Guide will assist you by providing instructions for returning to your hotel or vacation rental via foot, bus or taxi.
What to Bring
- Cash for any desired purchases and don’t forget your camera.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring your sunscreen, remember, this is a walking tour.
- If you enjoyed your time on the tour, please be sure to take care of your Foodie Guide. In the tourism industry, standard gratuity is 15% to 20% of the retail price of the tour ($8 – $11 USD or $144 – $198 MXN per guest). Gracias!
Tours cancelled more than 48 hours in advance will receive a 50% refund (less credit card processing and ticketing fees)
We understand that life happens. Hopefully our cancellation policy reflects that. Most importantly we want to help you experience the amazing food and drink in Puerto Vallarta.
If you have to cancel a day tour for any reason give us a call or send along an email and we will help you reschedule or if that is not possible get a refund out to you quickly.
However, no refund will be given for same day cancellations. We tour rain or shine so please check the weather and come dressed correctly.