When the sun sets, the beach empties, and night falls over Puerto Vallarta, the city comes alive. Share the street with children at play and grandmothers sitting on their stoops as we sample Mexico’s nighttime specialties.
During this unforgettable tour, you’ll…
- Get a taste of street foods that are at their best after dark — remember, if you see a churro in the morning, it’s left over from the night before!
- Experience delicious treats from the carts of locals whose families have been selling their wares in that very spot for generations
- Learn more about Mexico’s culinary culture, history, and traditions
The Tacos After Dark Tour is offered Sunday through Friday. Tours are limited to 8-10 guests unless they are one larger group of friends or family. Groups of six or more are offered private tours at no additional charge— Contact us in advance. Large group reservations have become our specialty. Call or email us today and we’ll have you covered in no time.
Keep in mind, past guests tell us the best time to take our tours is the beginning of your stay in Puerto Vallarta — you’ll be able to return to your newly found favorites throughout the rest of your visit!
Ready for color? Ready for energy? Ready for a nocturnal experience you’ll never forget? Reserve your spot today! This tour sells out quickly, so don’t wait!
Sundays — Fridays at 7 pm
Fees, Registration, and Payment Details
- The Tacos After Dark Tour is $55 USD
- We absorb all processing and ticketing costs. No hidden fees or surprises — just book and you’re done
- Need to reserve for more than six people? Call or email us today!
- Use the “Book Now” button above to secure your space on the Tacos After Dark Tour! We strongly suggest that you make your reservation early — space is limited and times can get snapped up without warning! Book Now to secure your spot!
- Included: All food and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Excluded: Alcohol, food to take to your hotel or vacation rental.
Where to meet and when
Sunday-Friday at 7pm
The Tacos After Dark Puerto Vallarta tour begins on the Insurgentes Bridge (north-bound) in Old Town Puerto Vallarta. Your Vallarta Eats Foodie Guide can be identified by the Vallarta Eats shirt she/he will be wearing. If you are driving please allow time to find parking. This location is easy to find and many bus routes will take you there. Also, any taxi will know this location. Make sure to check our FAQ for driving times from nearby hotels and resorts. Information on driving times given to you by your hotel concierge may be based on old traffic patterns, and we are unable to wait for late guests.
The following is an interactive map that shows the meeting point to this tour.
Your Vallarta Eats Foodie Guide will assist you by providing instructions for returning to your hotel or vacation rental via foot, bus or taxi.
What to Bring
- Cash for any desired purchases and don’t forget your camera.
- We always take complimentary pictures, but we are not professionals. We do promise to delete any picture that shows guests with food in their mouth or cilantro tooth!
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring your sunscreen, remember, this is a walking tour.
- If you enjoyed your time on the tour, please be sure to take care of your Foodie Guide. In the tourism industry, standard gratuity is 15% to 20% of the retail price of the tour ($8 – $11 USD or $144 – $198 MXN per guest). Gracias!
Tours cancelled more than 48 hours in advance will receive a 50% refund (less credit card processing and ticketing fees)
We understand that life happens. Hopefully our cancellation policy reflects that. Most importantly we want to help you experience the amazing food and drink in Puerto Vallarta.
If you have to cancel a day tour for any reason give us a call or send along an email and we will help you reschedule or if that is not possible get a refund out to you quickly.
However, no refund will be given for same day cancellations. We tour rain or shine so please check the weather and come dressed correctly. Groups of 6 or more must cancel 5 days before the tour because of the extra logistics to create a larger group tour.