Want to avoid tourist traps and dive deeper into Mexican culture? Our Signature Taco Tour is for you! Our Foodie Guides will show you the best food, tell you the best stories, and do their very best to keep you from eating until you explode (hey, it’s a harder job than you’d think!).
Not only will you go “behind the scenes” and see the Vallarta not manufactured for tourists, you’ll also learn about Mexican culture and history, plus extras like…
- The reason why Mexicans eat chicharron (fried pork skin) for breakfast (hint: when is the time of day you would least want to be frying something…?)
- A visit to a tortilla factory, where you’ll learn about this local staple and taste tortillas fresh off the press
- A chance to meet the local people behind all this local food!
The Signature Taco Tour is offered every day. Tours are limited to 8-10 guests unless they are one larger group of friends or family. Groups of six or more are offered private tours at no additional charge— Contact us in advance. Large group reservations have become our specialty. Call or email us today and we’ll have you covered in no time.
A helpful hint… Past guests tell us the best time to take our tours is the beginning of your stay in Puerto Vallarta — you’ll be able to return to your newly found favorites throughout the rest of your visit!
Hungry? Excited? Itching to ditch the tourist crowd and seek out Vallarta’s true treasures? Don’t wait — reserve your spot today!
Daily at 10 am
Fees, Registration, and Payment Details
- The Signature Taco Tour is $55 USD
- Children under 12 are $39; children under 4 are free
- Need to reserve for more than six people? Call or email us today!
- Use the “Book Now” button above to secure your space on the Signature Taco Tour! We strongly suggest that you make your reservation early — space is limited and times can get snapped up without warning! Book Now to secure your spot!
Included: All food and non-alcoholic beverages.
Excluded: Alcohol, food to take to your hotel or vacation rental.
Where to meet and when
Daily at 10am
The Signature Taco Tour begins on the Insurgentes Bridge (north-bound) in Old Town Puerto Vallarta. Your Vallarta Eats Foodie Guide can be identified by the Vallarta Eats shirt she/he will be wearing. If you are driving please allow time to find parking. This location is easy to find and many bus routes will take you there. Also, any taxi will know this location. Make sure to check our FAQ for driving times from nearby hotels and resorts. Information on driving times given to you by your hotel concierge may be based on old traffic patterns, and we are unable to wait for late guests.
Here is an interactive map that shows our Signature Taco Meeting Point:
Your Vallarta Eats Foodie Guide will assist you by providing instructions for returning to your hotel or vacation rental via foot, bus or taxi.
What to Bring
- Cash for any desired purchases
- Your camera!
- We always take complimentary pictures, but we are not professionals. We do promise to delete any picture that shows guests with food in their mouth or cilantro tooth!
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring your sunscreen. Remember, this is a walking tour!
- If you enjoyed your time on the tour, please be sure to take care of your Foodie Guide. In the tourism industry, standard gratuity is 15% to 20% of the retail price of the tour ($8 – $11 USD or $144 – $198 MXN per guest). Gracias!
Tours cancelled more than 48 hours in advance will receive a 50% refund (less credit card processing and ticketing fees).
We understand that life happens. Hopefully our cancellation policy reflects that. Most importantly we want to help you experience the amazing food and drink in Puerto Vallarta.
If you have to cancel a day tour for any reason, please give us a call or send along an email and we will help you to reschedule or, if that is not possible, we will do our best to offer a refund.
However, no refund will be given for same day cancellations. We tour rain or shine so please check the weather and come dressed accordingly. Groups of 6 or more must cancel 5 days before the tour because of the extra logistics required to create a larger group tour.
Gift Cards and Gift Certificates are non refundable.