Grab a bite, grab a cocktail, and grab a seat. If you’re looking for a sit-down experience at some of Vallarta’s finest restaurants, you’ve found your tour.
Who says authentic can’t be high-end? Come one, come all, and come especially Vallarta newcomers! Join us on a dining tour of four of PV’s award-winning restaurants where you will join locals to sample some of Puerto Vallarta’s finest fare… and some of its most libelous libations!*
On this tour, we’ll get our gourmet on as we…
- Sample high-end versions of both purely local cuisine, and fusion fare so creative it’s almost a local creation in its own right
- Stop in at (depending upon the time of year) the sumptuous local eateries of Layla’s, No Way Jose, Casa Tradicional, Gaby’s, DeCantero and Vitea
- Enjoy sit-down samplings at restaurants, and return later for spectacular full-course meals
The Tasting Vallarta Tour is offered on Thursdays and Saturdays. Tours are limited to 6-8 guests unless they are one larger group of friends or family. Groups of six or more are offered private tours at no additional charge— Contact us in advance. If you don’t see a date that works for you, contact us and we may be able to make it happen!
And so you know, past guests tell us the best time to take our tours is the beginning of your stay in Puerto Vallarta — you’ll be able to return to your newly found favorites throughout the rest of your visit!
All that fancy food got your mouth watering? Then save yourself a seat at the table and reserve your spot today!
Note: that with advance notice we can schedule another Tasting Vallarta, and depending upon the time of year, we can accommodate larger groups. Email or call us for more information
Thursdays and Saturdays at 6 pm
*Vallarta Eats would like to remind you to please drink responsibly. Our Foodie Guides could tell you some “interesting” stories on that topic.
Fees, Registration, and Payment Details
- The Tasting Vallarta Tour is $99 USD
- If you have any mobility issues or dietary constraints, you must let us know as soon as possible!
- Need to reserve for more than six people? Call or email us today!
- Use the “Book Now” button above to secure your space on the Tasting Vallarta Tour! We strongly suggest that you make your reservation early — space is limited and times can get snapped up without warning! Book Now to secure your spot!
- Included: All food and a specialty cocktail or drink at each restaurant
- Excluded: Food and/or drink to take to your hotel or vacation rental.
Where to meet and when
Thursdays and Saturdays at 6pm (October – August)
Tasting Vallarta is a walking tour and it begins at the first stop on this tour, Layla’s Restaurant. Calle Venezuela 137, 5 de Diciembre, 48350 Puerto Vallarta, Jal.
Your Vallarta Eats Foodie Guide can be identified by the Vallarta Eats Bag he or she will be carrying. If you are driving, please allow time to find parking. This location is easy to find and many bus routes will take you there. Also, any taxi will know this location. Make sure to check our FAQ for driving times from nearby hotels and resorts. Information on driving times given to you by your hotel concierge may be based on old traffic patterns, and we are unable to wait for late guests.
The following is an interactive map that shows you the location to our Meeting Point for this tour:
Tasting Vallarta Meeting Point
What to Bring
- Cash for any desired purchases and don’t forget your camera.
- Please wear comfortable shoes; remember, this is a walking tour. Also – in cooler months, please bring a light jacket or sweater; we end at Vitea on the oceanfront (beautiful, but can get chilly at night in the winter).
- If you enjoyed your time on the 3.5 hour tour, please be sure to take care of your Foodie Guide. In the tourism industry, standard gratuity is 15% to 20% of the retail price of the tour ($13 – $18 USD or $234 – $324 MXN per guest). Gracias!
Tours cancelled more than 24 hours in advance will receive a 100% refund, less than 24 hours, no date change or refunds.
We understand that life happens. Hopefully our cancellation policy reflects that. Most importantly we want to help you experience the amazing food and drink in Puerto Vallarta.
If you have to cancel a tour for any reason give us a call or send along an email and we will help you reschedule or if that is not possible get a refund out to you quickly.
However, no refund nor changes will be given for same day cancellations. We tour rain or shine so please check the weather and come dressed correctly.