Our Tasting Vallarta food tour is curated to showcase the finer fares of Vallarta beyond its famous street foods. Sit back and chat with our foodie guide and other guests as you savor refined preparations of classic Mexican dishes along with modern-fusion latin cuisine.
Your experience includes paired selections of craft cocktails and wines along the way*. This progressive-meal tour takes you through the side streets of three of Vallarta’s most bustling neighborhoods, and finishes with a spectacular riverside dessert display.
The Tasting Vallarta Tour is offered on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, and is limited to 8 guests unless booked as a private tour, and past guests tell us the best time to take our tours is the beginning of a stay in Puerto Vallarta — you’ll be able to return to your newly found favorites throughout the rest of your visit.
Save yourself a seat at the table and reserve your spot today!
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays at 6 pm
Please check the FAQs for additional info regarding food allergies or other dietary modifications before booking this tour. Though some accommodations can be made with shellfish allergies and gluten sensitivities, guests with a general dislike of seafood may not enjoy this tasting experience.
None of Vallarta Eats food tours are suitable for Vegan or Plant-Based lifestyles.
*Vallarta Eats would like to remind you to please drink responsibly.
Fees, Registration, and Payment Details
- The Tasting Vallarta tour is $129 USD
- This tour is not recommended for individuals with mobility issues. Some venues are only accessible via stairs.
- Need to reserve for more than six people? Call or email us today.
- Use the “Book Now” button above to secure your space on the Tasting Vallarta Tour
- Included: All predetermined food and a specialty cocktail or wine at each restaurant
- Excluded: Food and/or drink to take to your hotel or vacation rental
Where to meet and when
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays at 6pm
Tasting Vallarta is a walking tour and it begins at the first stop on this tour, Layla’s Restaurant. Calle Venezuela 137, 5 de Diciembre, 48350 Puerto Vallarta, Jal.
Please look for your Vallarta Eats foodie guide outside of the restaurant. If you are driving, please allow time to find parking. This location is easy to find and many bus routes will take you there. Also, any taxi will know this location. Make sure to check our FAQ for driving times from nearby hotels and resorts. Information on driving times given to you by your hotel concierge may be based on old traffic patterns, and we are unable to wait for late guests.
The following is an interactive map that shows you the location to our Meeting Point for this tour:
Tasting Vallarta Meeting Point
What to Bring
- Cash for any alcohol in additional to the four cocktails/wine included with the package
- Cash if you desire to leave a tip for your guide (unless already paid in advance with ticket purchase)
- This is a walking tour, please wear comfortable shoes and come prepared for the elements
- Save space on you phone for lots of photos of the occasion
Tours or individual tickets cancelled more than 24 hours in advance of scheduled tour time will receive a refund. No refund will be given for same day cancellations. Tours canceled less than 24 hours can be rescheduled with a $25 rebooking fee. Tours that are rebooked cannot be refunded even prior to the 24 hour cancelation window.
Gift Cards and Gift Certificates are non-refundable.
We understand that life happens. Hopefully our cancellation policy reflects that. Most importantly we want to help you experience the amazing food of Puerto Vallarta.