Meet the families and taste the food of working-class Vallartanse. This tour brings a whole new level of authenticity and insight, not just in terms of food, but in terms of culture, society, and personal understanding. Nothing we say can do justice to this experience…don’t miss it.
But if we can’t do the experience justice, we can at least give you a peek at a few of the things you’ll get to do:
- Sample the best flavors of the Colonia 5 de Diciembre, a real Mexican working-class neighborhood untouched by tourist development
- Visit the local families whose traditional fare has breathed life into this area for generations
- Learn about (and, of course, try) the enormous variety of tacos (plus a spread of other treats!) brought to Vallarta by migrants from every corner of Mexico
The Untouristed Tour is offered Mondays and Fridays. Tours are limited to six guests unless they are one larger group of friends or family. Large group reservations have become our specialty! Call or email us today and we’ll have you covered in no time.
One more thing: past guests tell us the best time to take our tours is the beginning of your stay in Puerto Vallarta — you’ll be able to return to your newly found favorites throughout the rest of your visit!
Are you ready for this whole new kind of food tour? Then reserve your spot now, and mark on your calendar for the day you dive headfirst into the beating heart of Puerto Vallarta.
Mondays and Fridays at 10 am
Fees, Registration, and Payment Details
- The Untouristed Tour is $55 USD
- Children under 12 are $44; children under 4 are free
- We absorb all processing and ticketing costs. No hidden fees or surprises — just book and you’re done
- Need to reserve for more than six people? Call or email us today!
- Use the “Book Now” button above to secure your space on Untouristed! We strongly suggest that you make your reservation early — space is limited and times can get snapped up without warning! Book Now to secure your spot!
Included: All food and non-alcoholic beverages.
Excluded: Alcohol, food to take to your hotel or vacation rental.
Where to meet and when
Mondays and Fridays at 10am
The Untouristed Tour begins at the Kiosko Convenience Store at the Shell Gas Station, Calle Honduras, in 5 de December, Puerto Vallarta. Your Vallarta Eats Foodie Guide can be identified by the Vallarta Eats shirt she/he will be wearing. If you are driving please allow time to find parking. This location is easy to find and many bus routes will take you there. Also, any taxi will know this location.
Here is an interactive map that shows our Un-Touristed Tour Meeting Point:
What to Bring
- Cash for any desired purchases
- Your camera!
- We always take complimentary pictures, but we are not professionals. We do promise to delete any picture that shows guests with food in their mouth or cilantro tooth!
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring your sunscreen. Remember, this is a walking tour!
- If you enjoyed your time on the tour, please be sure to take care of your Foodie Guide. In the tourism industry, standard gratuity is 15% to 20% of the retail price of the tour ($8 – $11 USD or $144 – $198 MXN per guest). Gracias!
Tours cancelled more than 48 hours in advance will receive a 50% refund (less credit card processing and ticketing fees).
We understand that life happens. Hopefully our cancellation policy reflects that. Most importantly we want to help you experience the amazing food and drink in Puerto Vallarta.
If you have to cancel a day tour for any reason, please give us a call or send along an email and we will help you to reschedule or, if that is not possible, we will do our best to offer a refund.
However, no refund will be given for same day cancellations. We tour rain or shine so please check the weather and come dressed accordingly. Groups of 6 or more must cancel 5 days before the tour because of the extra logistics required to create a larger group tour.