Versalles is on the lips of many locals and tourists in Vallarta. It’s the “hidden gem” colonia offering streets lined with palm trees, stunning Mexican architecture, and of course amazing food. Meandering the cobblestone streets, you will get a true feel for what daily life is like for many here in Vallarta. Experiencing Versalles by day and tasting its variety of tacos will have you, no doubt, talking about it for days to come.
Our “Explore Versalles” tour offers a wide range of tacos served during the day in Mexico. You will learn about the time-intensive methods and preparation of popular dishes like Carnitas and Birria and have the opportunity to sample dozens of homemade salsas ranging from mellow and mild to spicy and wild. “Explore” is by far the best way to describe this tour because it is a true adventure.
What can you expect:
- Visit 6 popular eateries
- Sample Birria, a classic dish born in the State of Jalisco, and now gaining popularity across many North American cities
- Taste Carnitas prepared and served in classic Mexican style
- Savor tender street-side flame-grilled Arrachera
- Dig into a pork belly taco that many have claimed to be “the best taco I’ve ever had.”
- Experience a new twist on a classic Al Pastor taco with shrimp
- As on all of our tours, sample fresh fruit waters (agua fresca)
- Beat the heat with a decadent frozen pie
The Explore Versalles Tour is offered Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, but we are constantly adding new tours. If you don’t see a tour that fits with your calendar, just contact us, and we’ll add one especially for you!
Tours are limited to 8-10 guests unless they are one larger group of friends or family. Large group reservations have become our specialty. Call or email us today and we’ll have you covered in no time.
One more thing: past guests tell us the best time to take our tours is the beginning of your stay in Puerto Vallarta — you’ll be able to return to your newly found favorites throughout the rest of your visit.
Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays at 10:30am
Please check the FAQs for additional info regarding food allergies or other dietary modifications before booking this tour. For Vegetarians, we recommend booking “Tacos after Dark” as it has the most flexibility for substitutions. None of Vallarta Eats food tours are suitable for Vegan or Plant-Based lifestyles.
Fees, Registration, and Payment Details
- The Explore Versalles Tour is $65 USD for adults and $49 USD for anyone under 12.
- Need to reserve for more than six people? Email us today.
Included: All predetermined food, bottled water, and traditional agua fresca.
Excluded: Alcohol, food to take to your hotel or vacation rental.
Where to meet and when
Wednesdays, Fridays , Saturdays at 10:30am
The Explore Vallarta Tour begins at our first stop, begins at El Tio Tono, Berlín 108, Versalles, 48310 Puerto Vallarta. Your Vallarta Eats Foodie Guide can be identified by the Vallarta Eats shirt she/he will be wearing and tote bags they are holding. If you are driving please allow time to find parking. This location is easy to find and many bus routes will take you there. Also, any taxi will know this location. Make sure to check our FAQ for driving times from nearby hotels and resorts. Information on driving times given to you by your hotel concierge may be based on old traffic patterns, and we are unable to wait for late guests.
Here is an interactive map that shows our Explore Versalles Tour Meeting Point:
Explore Versalles! Meeting Point
Meeting point for Explore Versalles food tour
What to Bring
- Cash for any additional purchases
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring your sunscreen. Remember, this is a walking tour! And our tours go out rain or shine, please check the weather forecast and dress appropriately
- If you enjoyed your time on the tour, please be sure to take care of your Foodie Guide. In the tourism industry, standard gratuity is 15% to 20% of the retail price of the tour ($8 – $11 USD or $144 – $198 MXN per guest). Gracias!
Tours or individual tickets cancelled more than 24 hours in advance of scheduled tour time will receive a refund. No refund will be given for same day cancellations. Tours canceled less than 24 hours can be rescheduled with a $25 rebooking fee. Tours that are rebooked cannot be refunded even prior to the 24 hour cancelation window.
Gift Cards and Gift Certificates are non-refundable.
We understand that life happens. Hopefully our cancellation policy reflects that. Most importantly we want to help you experience the amazing food of Puerto Vallarta.