Versalles is on the lips of many locals and tourists in Vallarta. It’s the “hidden gem” colonia offering streets lined with palm trees, stunning Mexican architecture, and of course amazing food. Meandering the cobblestone streets, you will get a true feel for what daily life is like for many here in Vallarta. Experiencing Versalles by day and tasting its variety of tacos will have you, no doubt, talking about it for days to come.
Our “Explore Versalles” tour offers a wide range of tacos served during the day in Mexico. You will learn about the time-intensive methods and preparation of popular dishes like Carnitas and Birria and have the opportunity to sample dozens of homemade salsas ranging from mellow and mild to spicy and wild. “Explore” is by far the best way to describe this tour because it is a true adventure.
What can you expect:
- Visit 6-8 popular eateries
- Sample Birria, a classic dish born in the State of Jalisco, and now gaining popularity across many North American cities
- Taste Carnitas prepared and served in classic Mexican style
- Try a taco made using a 100% cheese “tortilla”
- Dig into a pork belly taco that many have claimed to be “the best taco I’ve ever had.”
- Experience a new twist on a classic Al Pastor taco with shrimp
- As on all of our tours, sample fresh fruit waters (agua frescas)
- Beat the heat with a decadent frozen pie
The Explore Versalles Tour is offered Wednesdays and Fridays, but we are constantly adding new tours. If you don’t see a tour that fits with your calendar, just contact us, and we’ll add one especially for you!
Tours are limited to 8-10 guests unless they are one larger group of friends or family. Groups of eight or more are offered private tours at no additional charge— Contact us in advance. Large group reservations have become our specialty. Call or email us today and we’ll have you covered in no time.
One more thing: past guests tell us the best time to take our tours is the beginning of your stay in Puerto Vallarta — you’ll be able to return to your newly found favorites throughout the rest of your visit!
Are you ready for this whole new kind of food tour? Then reserve your spot now, and mark on your calendar for the day you dive headfirst into the beating heart of Puerto Vallarta.
Wednesdays and Fridays at 10am
Fees, Registration, and Payment Details
- The Explore Versalles Tour is $55 USD for adults
- Children 4-12 $45
- Children under 4 are free
- Need to reserve for more than six people? Call or email us today!
- Use the “Book Now” button above to secure your space on Explore Versalles! We strongly suggest that you make your reservation early — space is limited and times can get snapped up without warning! Book Now to secure your spot!
Included: All food and non-alcoholic beverages.
Excluded: Alcohol, food to take to your hotel or vacation rental.
Where to meet and when
Wednesdays and Fridays at 10am
The Explore Vallarta Tour begins at our first stop, begins at El Tio Tono, Berlín 108, Versalles, 48310 Puerto Vallarta. Your Vallarta Eats Foodie Guide can be identified by the Vallarta Eats shirt she/he will be wearing and tote bags they are holding. If you are driving please allow time to find parking. This location is easy to find and many bus routes will take you there. Also, any taxi will know this location. Make sure to check our FAQ for driving times from nearby hotels and resorts. Information on driving times given to you by your hotel concierge may be based on old traffic patterns, and we are unable to wait for late guests.
Here is an interactive map that shows our Explore Versalles Tour Meeting Point:
Explore Versalles! Meeting Point
Meeting point for Explore Versalles food tour
What to Bring
- Cash for any desired purchases
- Your camera!
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring your sunscreen. Remember, this is a walking tour! And our tours go out rain or shine, please check the weather forecast and dress appropriately
- If you enjoyed your time on the tour, please be sure to take care of your Foodie Guide. In the tourism industry, standard gratuity is 15% to 20% of the retail price of the tour ($8 – $11 USD or $144 – $198 MXN per guest). Gracias!
Tours cancelled more than 24 hours in advance will receive a 100% refund.
We understand that life happens. Hopefully our cancellation policy reflects that. Most importantly we want to help you experience the amazing food and drink in Puerto Vallarta.
If you have to cancel a day tour for any reason, please give us a call or send along an email and we will help you to reschedule or, if that is not possible, we will do our best to offer a refund.
However, no refund nor changes can be made for same day cancellations. We tour rain or shine so please check the weather and come dressed accordingly.