Anthony Bourdain, a great lover of Mexican food, wrote that mole is “older even than the great cuisines of Europe and often deeply complex… A true mole sauce, for instance, can take DAYS to make, a balance of fresh… ingredients painstakingly prepared by hand.” Whether you’re interested in this gastronomic legacy or simply want to try the most authentic Mexican dishes, this tour will satisfy your craving.
Get a taste of both the food and the history of mole and pozole, Mexican national dishes dating back to the 1500s and beyond. Expect such highlights as…
- Tasting pozole, the food of the Aztecs! While they may be remembered for some rather unappetizing practices, this comfort food is as delicious as they come
- Learning about the oft-overlooked importance of indigenous ingredients in Mexican culture and history
- Tasting two kinds of mole, pozole, tacos, esquites, and many other delicious local delights!
The Mole Pozole Tour is offered Mondays and Thursdays. Tours are limited to six guests unless they are one larger group of friends or family. Large group reservations have become our specialty. Call or email us today and we’ll have you covered in no time.
And by the by? Past guests tell us the best time to take our tours is the beginning of your stay in Puerto Vallarta — you’ll be able to return to your newly found favorites throughout the rest of your visit!
Want your time in Puerto Vallarta to be one for the record books? Reserve your spot now.
Mondays and Thursdays
April 1 (no, really) — December 15 at 7 pm
December 16 — March 31 at 6 pm
Fees, Registration, and Payment Details
- The Mole Pozole Tour is $55 USD
- We absorb all processing and ticketing costs. No hidden fees or surprises — just book and you’re done
- Need to reserve for more than six people? Call or email us today!
- Use the “Book Now” button above to secure your space on the Chocolate and Vanilla Discovery Tour! We strongly suggest that you make your reservation early — space is limited and times can get snapped up without warning! Book Now to secure your spot!
Included: All food and non-alcoholic beverages.
Excluded: Alcohol, food to take to your hotel or vacation rental.
Where to meet and when
The tour will begin in the middle of the gazebo in the Lazaro Cardenas Park on Pino Suarez between Lazaro Cardenas and V. Carranza in Old Town/Zona Romantica Vallarta.
Your Guide can be identified by the Vallarta Eats Food Tours bags she/he will be carrying. If you are driving please allow time to find parking. This location is easy to find and many bus routes will take you there. Also, any taxi will know this location.
The following is an interactive map that shows the location of the meeting point for this tour:
We end on the famous Puerto Vallarta Malecon (boardwalk). Your Vallarta Eats Foodie Guide will assist you by providing instructions for returning to your hotel or vacation rental via foot, bus or taxi.
What to Bring
- Cash for any desired purchases
- Your camera!
- We always take complimentary pictures, but we are not professionals. We do promise to delete any picture that shows guests with food in their mouth or cilantro tooth!
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring your sunscreen. Remember, this is a walking tour!
- If you enjoyed your time on the tour, please be sure to take care of your Foodie Guide. In the tourism industry, standard gratuity is 15% to 20% of the retail price of the tour ($8 – $11 USD or $144 – $198 MXN per guest). Gracias!
Tours cancelled more than 48 hours in advance will receive a 50% refund (less credit card processing and ticketing fees)
We understand that life happens. Hopefully our cancellation policy reflects that. Most importantly we want to help you experience the amazing food and drink in Puerto Vallarta.
If you have to cancel a day tour for any reason give us a call or send along an email and we will help you reschedule or if that is not possible get a refund out to you quickly.
However, no refund will be given for same day cancellations. We tour rain or shine so please check the weather and come dressed correctly. Groups of 6 or more must cancel 5 days before the tour because of the extra logistics to create a larger group tour.