Chocolate & Vanilla Discovery (Coming Soon)
Departs Mondays and Thursdays at 2 pm
$55 USD (includes ticketing and credit card processing fees)
Children under 12 are $39 (children 4 and under, free)
Chocolate & Vanilla Discovery is for anyone who loves chocolate in all of its glorious forms and all-things vanilla. This eye-opening and educational tour has something for everyone…a history lesson, vanilla and chocolate creations that will delight your sweet tooth and leave you wanting more.
This is a 2 ½ – 3-hour walking tour that will give you the inside scoop on:
- How Mexico introduced to the world both the vanilla and cacao beans
- How the rest of the world took the vanilla and the cacao beans and started experimenting to get the sweetness you know and enjoy today
- The versatility of the cacao bean and how it is used in Mexico for everyday savory dishes and especially unique beverages
General Tour Information
This tour runs two days each week at 2 pm (Monday and Thursday)
Takes approximately 2.5 hours, depending on how fast people eat and walk
Price is $55 USD for adults and children (children 4 and under, free)
Tour meets in Lazaro Cardenas Park under the gazebo on Calle Pino Suarez
FEES & REGISTRATION, PAYMENT DETAILS
- The cost of the Chocolate and Vanilla Discovery tour is $55 (includes ticketing and credit card processing fees)
- We strongly suggest that you make your reservation early by clicking the “Book Now” button above to secure your spot.
- If you would like to schedule larger group reservations, please call or email us.
- Use the “Book Now” button above to reserve and pay for your tour. This will direct you to our secure booking site, where all major credit cards are accepted.
WHAT TO BRING
Cash for any desired purchases and to tip your Foodie Guide…and don´t forget your camera. Please wear comfortable shoes, remember, this is a walking tour.
If you enjoyed your time on the tour, please be sure to take care of your Foodie Guide. In the tourism industry, standard gratuity is 15% to 20% of the retail price of the tour ($10 – $13 USD or $120-$156 MXN per guest). Thank you!
WHAT’S INCLUDED (AND WHAT’S NOT)
Included: All food and non-alcoholic beverages. Excluded: Alcohol, food to take to your hotel or vacation rental.
Tours canceled more than 48 hours in advance will receive a 50% refund. Any tours canceled less than 48 hours in advance are not eligible for a refund.